Pages

Search blog and web

Anniversary Gift

Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate our 27th anniversary. I wrote a poem to give him and I am quite happy with it. I just thought I would share it. Suggestions and criticisms to improve it are welcome

For us, it was love at first glance,
My heart didn't stand a chance.
Us so young and you so wild,
We were nothing more than a child.
Puppy love at the start,
Then it turned true in my heart.
We walked and wondered hand in hand,
Soon there was a wedding band.
27 years ago our "I do's" were said,
I can't believe it's been that long that we are wed!
Days to weeks, weeks to years,
Tears of joy and even fears.
We have caused each other a bit of pain,
But the love we share will still remain.
We are not perfect in any way,
Except that through it all we choose to stay!
We always stuck together through thick & thin
The many places we have been.
You have always been there by my side,
To love me and support me, oh what a ride!
Times of pleasure, trials of pain,
Many tribulations still remain.
Hand in hand, and heart to heart,
So much has changed from the start.
Still the same though til the end,
You will always be my best friend!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment