Pages

Search blog and web

Huuuuggge Topic - My wife is not my mom

There are so many ways this can be explored.

My wife is not my mother thank goodness. Strangely my wife is my wife and she is good at being her. She is not interested in being someone else. I was a patient picker and I like my choice.

We don't have everything I wanted but we do have a different set of good stuff that works for us.

My mother and father are in business together. I wanted that for the personal and financial freedom of it. My wife vetoed that idea with forceful clarity. She has other needs and wants different things from her life. That was very painful for me to accept.

My mother was faaaaaar from maternal or domestic. My wife is all that on steroids. She is the warmest, most loving and best cook I know. I love that.

MY mother and father and I all can sell, manage people and take risks like machines. My wife is unable to participate in many of my most enjoyable discussions with my parents and they are unable to find interest in many of her passions.

It has not always been easy but ...

My wife is the one for me and I make sure she knows that every day because I get that she isn't mom, I would not want to be married to a clone of my mom and she brings different gifts and blessings to my life.

What are your thoughts on your marriage in the vein of comparing your spouse to either of your parents?

What have you found better by comparison?

What are the disappointments in that comparison that you have had to accept?

What do you do to make sure your spouse knows she is what you want as compared to your mom or dad?

Does she do the same or are your spouses parents characteristics her preference?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment