Pages

Search blog and web

Are we inherently meaner towards fat people?

First off, I mean no offense to anyone overweight. Anything but, infact. I'm a former super fat bloke, whose worked incredibly hard in the gym the last 4 years to get a good physique and this thread comes through the change I've experienced in the manner people interact with me because of that.

I've noticed a massive change in my life from back when I was overweight (and it was significant, mind). Dating's one thing. I understand people want to date others they're attracted to, so I have no issues there, but terms of friendships or even ordinary day to day behavior?

I've noticed fatter kids being shunned all the way from younger years in school through sixth form. They can't ever hang out with the "cooler" people, and are socially excluded more so than others.

Its depressing to me that girls who wouldn't even talk to me when I was fat have recently (2 of them) shown an interest in me romantically. I mean seriously? (not a woman hating line just incase anyone jumps on me, just an example :K:). I mean they wouldn't even speak to the fat kid...and now I'm "date-able"?

See, I realize we're all superficial to varying degrees, but are we, as a society on the whole that messed up that makes fat people uncomfortable and feel secluded ? I hope most people aren't the way I think they are in this regard, but my experiences and of those around me suggest otherwise.

In your experience do you think society judges fat people and forms massively generalized opinions about them ? Would you ever date someone overweight or would it affect you being friends with someone?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment