Pages

Search blog and web

Year 12 - Attempting to 'date' a girl in my EPQ class

  • Thread Starter

My sixth form is one where most students are from the attached secondary school, but there are 20 or so new people in the year and about 50 students who left in year 11.

There's a new girl (well, I say new, but it's been months since September :D) in my EPQ class, which happens once a week for an hour. She's in different friendship groups to me, but we have friends in common and she's not overtly popular.

Anyhow, I hadn't talked to her ever, but last lesson we shared a rather nice bit of banter for a minute or two. We both laughed a little and went on as strangers. Nonetheless, I saw her again after the lesson and she said hello, which seemed like her acknowledgment that I was no longer a stranger. Social discourse dictates I should have started a conversation, but I instead said hello and looked at my phone and pretended to be busy.

My problem in my sixth form is that I was a massive **** in secondary school and a lot of people still see me like that. There are a few girls amongst friends who don't, but I'm in a friend position (but not in any real friendship circles) with them and I'm thus not interested in them as much.

QUESTION:
I WOULD like to have a girlfriend though, and I'm interested in the girl in my EPQ class based on first impressions. How can I create a friendship with her where I'm close enough to ask her out but not close enough to seem like desperate or something?

(I'm really inexperienced in the girls department)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment