Pages

Search blog and web

To move or not?

My current problem doesn't really have a solution, but getting other points of view will help.
I have been wanting to get out of this area for many years, for various reasons (and particularly after this hellish winter). Before my divorce, we had talked for years about escaping the northeast. My oldest son lives across the country, in an area where I would love to check out and maybe move to permanently, where there is no prolonged winter.
Each year I get more and more despondent in the winter, and feel like I really am not going to make it through another one.
The problem is my youngest son has got 2 to 3 years left of college left in the area, and is also very close to his girlfriend who lives here.
I desperately want to get out of this big lonely house, but getting something smaller in this area is too depressing to think about.
My question is, is it better for my son to have a depressed, unhappy mother, but a familiar home to come to on college breaks and summer, or up root him and have him have to stay with me or his father on breaks, far away from everything that is familiar to him? I really feel like I can't take it here anymore. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment