Pages

Search blog and web

Should I just 'delete' this guy from my life?

  • Thread Starter

(I'm female)

I met a guy about 5 years ago and we got on really well. We spent a lot of time together outside of uni and I'd usually go back to his place (never did anything) and do coursework together and then watch movies in his bed. As I said, we never did anything, didn't even kiss. We were both adults (21/22) and had previous relationships/sex but when we were together it was more of an emotional connection than physical.

Anyway, uni ended and we both got jobs, moved away.... we drifted. No calls, no texts, no emails, no meet-ups.

4 years on.....Last year we went for coffee to catch up and one thing led to another and we became intimate. We didn't have sex but it wasn't just a french kiss.
I tried to make contact over the the week afterwards and although her responded he (I feel) brushed me off and didn't initiate any contact so I never tried again.

Cut to today, a year later - he suddenly starts liking my facebook posts out of the blue this week. I checked his profile and he has a girlfriend. This really grinds my gears. Why get my attention if you have a girfriend? He was literally 'liking' everything when before there was nothing.

He's done nothing wrong I suppose so deleting him seems harsh but I just don't want him in my life anymore in any shape or form because it confuses me and actually hurts me to be honest. For me we're either together or we are nothing at all. I can't be 'friends'. I don't want to just 'hide' my statuses etc this isn't about that - if I do this I make a clean break and ensure no future contact and I move on completely.

I think, personally, cutting him out gives me closure - knowing he can't affect me anymore because he has absolutely no means of contacting me. If I don't delete him, he's always going to be there and it leaves me feeling like there is potential for us when I know in reality there isn't.

What are people's opinions on this? Part of me feels sad that he will think I hate him or something but it's the opposite. Also, if there was no such thing as Facebook we wouldn't be in contact at all so it's like I'm deluding myself that we are still friends....

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment