Pages

Search blog and web

Would You Date Someone Who'd Been Abused/With No Family?

So I'm Asian, and a few years ago I cut off contact with all my controlling family due to really serious reasons. I don't want to go into detail, but it was because of stuff like religion and physical abuse.

Anyway, long story short I'm fine now (got counselling and graduated uni), but I've never so much as been on a date (though I'm attractive, a nice person and get my fair share of attention). I have been busy focusing on my career.

I'm ready for a relationship, but I'm worried that people won't want to go out with someone who pretty much has no family (though I am very social and have a lot of close friends). To Asian guys especially, family is a really, really big deal and I'm worried that if I started dating someone his family might judge me for choosing to leave mine. It might also be an issue for other guys.

Thoughts? (Mods please keep anon or delete)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment