Pages

Search blog and web

In a sticky situation

Okay, I don't know how to really start.

One of my good girl friends, let's call her A hangs around with a fairly good looking girl group. Me and A started to talk more when we started college together then we did in secondary school. So at the age of sixteen, me and A were very close. She introduced me to her friends (the group I mentioned). And I noticed one particular girl. She had a sort of exotic look to her, with her crazy curly hair, green eyes, button nose etc I thought she was mixed race like myself. I never really spoke to her, I found her intimidating even though she was quiet and kept herself to herself. Now a few years later, I bumped into this girl at my friends engagement party. We started talking and I've fallen for her. I started regretting not having the balls to speak before at college. Six months of getting to know her properly, I felt extremely comfortable around her and one night I might have taken things to far and said things I probably shouldn't have said. I asked her what sort of guys she l ikes and she said she doesn't really have a type, if she likes him then she likes him and asked me the same question about what sort of girls I like. I ended up mouthing of about disliking South-Asian girls, I may have racially discriminated them without knowing. I was just letting her know I wasn't really interested in them and she just gave me a weird look and said 'You do know I'm Pakistani, right?' And I wanted to escape. I had no idea she was Asian, let alone Pakistani. I always thought she was bi-racial or middle eastern because of her looks and how bi-lingual she is. I told A what happened and she was really shocked at how I could not know she was Asian and how racist and stupid I sounded. I mean, it never came in the conversation once when speaking to this girl that she mentioned her race. I went over what I said and I do realise that I sound like a dickhead. I really like this girl and don't want to lose her as a friend, I even felt like she liked me but we haven't spoken for a couple of days and it doesn't feel right. I know I might not have a chance in dating her because of what I said but how do I make amends?

If you're going to preach about religion, please don't bother commenting. I just want advice on how to better our friendship over a stupid mistake I've made.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment