Pages

Search blog and web

Need to know ways to save my marriage

I married my husband 2 years back, after dating him for 6 years. We do not have kids yet.

My in-laws went through a divorce when my husband was very young. My mother-in-law is a self obsessed person who does not care for her children till date! Spending most of his childhood unhappy and neglected, my husband has some habits/behaviors which are bad and unacceptable.

First, he has the "I don't care" attitude for most things including his job. Due to which, his colleagues do not like him much. He is very intelligent and efficient (probably the reasons why he did not lose his job!). He hardly has any friends. Second, he has the habit of unnecessary fault finding in every possible thing (be it a person or a movie or any food). He is an attention seeker and can go to any extent to get the attention. He gets very VERY defensive if anyone criticizes him.

I have learnt to overlook such habits as much as possible. But somewhere I feel I need to make him realize what is good for him.

He does things for me, takes care of me. But often, he likes to compare how much he does for me and what I do for him.

I have seen good things in him in the last 8 years. Probably I am the only person for whom he matters and he is very well aware of that. I wish to have a successful marriage but I just do not know how to make that happen. Every morning I wake up thinking that things will start changing for good. But that never happens..

Please help understand how do I communicate with him and handle things. Any habit that I could built in myself, that could make things better.

Thanks,
Anandi

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment