Pages

Search blog and web

Husband Baby Talks

Hi ladies,

My husband has a bad habit - he baby talks to me. And to the dog. And to the cat.

This behavior started early on during our relationship, and at the time I was only a teenager... I guess I sort of thought it was cute, or at least, it didn't bother me. I don't really know. All I know is now I am 28 years old, and it drives me bananas to have my husband, a grown man, baby talking to me.

A few years ago, I tried to make a stand against it. He rebelled, essentially saying that the precedent had been set, and he couldn't/didn't want to change. I tried to fight it for a few weeks, with him getting upset when I called him on it, and I eventually dropped it... it didn't seem worth the fight. However, it has been wearing on me a lot lately and it's now affecting how I see him. I feel like I can't take him seriously. When he hangs out with his friends, I see him acting normally (obviously sans baby talk) and he is so much more attractive to me than when he is at home with me on the couch, curled up against me like a little child.

Is this a lost cause? Is he really set in his ways, so much so that I should just drop it? If I am going to tackle this and ask him to change his behavior, how do I approach it in such a way that it doesn't become another drawn out argument?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment