Pages

Search blog and web

Wanting an open marriage

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading this, and I hope this is the right forum section.

My wife and I have been together for a little over 6 years, and married for about 2.5. After the initial honeymoon stage we fell into a comfortable and functional relationship. We were still having sex, and despite several problems between us due to our rocky upbringing, she's supported me through some career changes.

Despite some great things about our relationship, I've considered divorce or separation several times due to fights ranging from petty to serious. I approached her about having an open marriage and she doesn't want it. While I would like to stay with her due to family ties, our dogs and a mass of mutual friends, I find that I want to have my cake and eat it to, and welcome her to do the same. The problem is, she thinks it's wrong.

I'm not looking for advice on how to convince her, but if all this is a sign we should separate/divorce. There are so many great things about our marriage but a lot of problems too. One of the main things we fight about is her paranoia towards infidelity, which has only manifested itself into reality. And while I have not cheated on her yet, I want to. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment