Pages

Search blog and web

Vegas = New Guy needs advice

Hello all,

Been reading the board and glad there is somewhere to take my mind of what I been going through. My thoughts are with all of you during the holiday season. Please forgive me as I paraphrase my story...

My wife recently told me she wanted a divorce and was moving out tomorrow. I am the husband that neglected his wife. Although she tried to tell me her desires, I still failed to do my part. Well, she finally had enough. To many failed promises on my part. I really had my chances!

Our history was about 8 years, we have his/hers/ours which comes the trouble of a blended family. I work out of town and with her busy schedule comes little time for us to build on our relationship. We just kind of did our on thing for awhile now. She is a photographer which almost takes up all her weekends.

As many people have stated, begging will only make matters worst so I quit. I began to immediately do the 180. Since then I have received a couple of text, one saying she was transferring money, two do I know how to fix tv (stupid), three she signed the lease on new house but wanted to stay until after xmas now not to upset kids. Then she posted this comment on her fb page "What if absence makes the heart grow fonder of the absence?" WTF does this mean?

Through all of this, she is still spending money out of our account which I put all my pay checks in while she has a nest egg in her business account.

Her father called me today and talked to me a little. She compares him and I all the time so its never gonna work to my favor if she knows I talked to him. She says we are both *******s, controlling, etc. He said he didn't give a **** what she thought and it was OK to talk so I did. His message was that his daughter was a lot like his wife and that if I still cared that I should fight for her! I told him she was the one that said she didn't love me anymore and that she was moving out-maybe you should be talking to her and not me about staying committed. He said keep fighting for our marriage and the kids!


Where I need help is:

A. She said she was moving out tomorrow, now its after
Christmas- Is this a sign she is willing to give it more time?

B. What should I do about the money spending- Cake and eat it too?

C. Father-n-Law advice

D. What if the 180 is bad for a woman that I neglected, seems I'm doing exactly what I was doing all wrong in the beginning....

I feel so foolish, she is my world, and honestly it wouldn't have took much to keep her. My self pride, hurt, and ignorance got the best of me! Part of me just wants to run to Vegas and forget about this all, I feel I have no hope anymore so its time move on!!

Thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment