Pages

Search blog and web

Practically living together

I started dating my current girlfriend back in March. This is my first serious relationship in 7 years; my last was in college. I've had flings, hookups, and the like in the interim. I'm 29, she's 26.

About a month ago, my roommate moved out and I've decided to live alone. Now that my roommate is gone, she's over ALL the time. I'm talking 6-7 nights a week. A lot of her stuff is at my place. I don't mind it when she's over, we have a great time for the most part. However, sometimes, I just want some "me" time. She's having a hard time understanding that. (Apparently many women don't understand this concept).

So in the past few days it's led to some pretty nasty fights. She interprets my "me" time as "You don't want me around" or "You don't love me". I've explained to her that I do love her, it's just that I've been single for 7 years and I'm adjusting to her being over all the time. I tell her I'm not ready to live with her yet. That eventually I will, but it's going to take some time.

Any other thoughts on what we should do? We want to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment