Pages

Search blog and web

Re-marriage question with unusual circumstances

Hello!

I have a situation that I would love advice on. I am currently going through a divorce and had moved out 8 months ago. We tried to fix things, but there was too much broken. We were married just over 10 years and have a daughter in elementary school. I don't expect any fights in the divorce as we both agree that we just need to move on and things are completely over between us.

The part that I am struggling with that has me looking for input is this: I never stopped having feeling for my high school sweetheart and we've been very good friends for about 15 years, (since we broke up). We talk about everything and always have. It turns out that he has feelings for me that are just as strong. We're just starting to date again and it feels like the part of me that has been missing is finally back. We haven't talked about our future other than to say that it would be wonderful to be together, we could see ourselves growing old together, but that we want to be sure to do things right this time.

I have always felt that people need to wait a while before jumping into a relationship after divorce, but this feels different because it isn't someone new to my life. This is the man that knows me better than anyone else, including my to-be-ex. So, given the circumstances, what do you think would be the wisest way to proceed in the matter of time frame? Not that we're there yet, but would it be inappropriate for us to be married within a year or less?

No comments:

Post a Comment