Pages

Search blog and web

Talk about birth control

Neither my wife-to-be or myself have had any partners before. I do not want to have children for at least the first two years of our marriage, and I am guessing she would agree (the "talk" hasn't come up yet).

Having researched many birth control methods, I like the idea of the copper IUD. No hormones, don't have to get it each time (as with the case of barrier methods), and just remove it and you are soon back to your (fertile) self. I am a bit leery though, because as people often say ...if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Is there any issue with someone who has never given childbirth getting an IUD? How painful (if at all) is the insertion procedure? Also, is there any correlation between the copper IUD (paragard) and sterility/infertility? We want to have children later, but not now.

My main question is, how do I suggest the idea of a copper IUD to my wife? This may be easier after we get married...but considering we have never talked about sex at all (and won't until we are married)...I am a bit nervous regarding the thought of talking about it with her. Yes, a bit prudish, but it is what it is...

Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment