Pages

Search blog and web

I'm 36 years old, and just realized

I'm almost 36 years old and just realized that all I ever really wanted to be was a wife and mother. I have had career desires as a child to be sure, but the most overwhelming and desired position I wanted in life was to be a full time stay at home mom. No job has ever held my attention. I have a hard time CARING about anybody's business or company. I care about my kids and my husband and my home. Is that so wrong? I know in theory that it's not, but gosh society has a way of making a lady feel so worthless...

My husband grew up with his mom being the main figure and provider of the family. She ruled and made the decisions. She was a school teacher in their native country. His dad did odd jobs and never really had a career. He's passive and easy going and lets MIL make all the decisions.

I guess my husband expects me to be a powerful, do-it-all superwoman type. Mind you, hubby's mom did have a housekeeper back in the days (part of that culture) so she didn't really do it all come to think of it. But for some reason my husband wants me to find FULL TIME high paying work and basically keep up with the Jones'.

This is not what I want at all. I want a simpler life. I want to be here for my family, and to nuture and take care of him. I wish my husband knew just how much better his life could be if he would just get on board.

Oh, and I work part-time and dh want to control all the money. Well tell me this: Why would I go to work a job, when I would rather be at home tending my family, come home, cook, clean, do laundry and then hand him my paycheque? What is in it for me????

Sorry, but I just had to vent...

No comments:

Post a Comment