Pages

Search blog and web

Do i make a move at the christmas party...with her ex there!?

So i'll try not drag this out too much but there's this girl at my work who I've liked for the last 7-8 months and with the Christmas party this Saturday i'm hoping to make my feelings known.....

The background - So I got to know this girl at work and we exchanged numbers....a little while later we admitted we liked each other a few months. We had 1 kiss back in the summer but it never went any further because basically the timing was all wrong for her as she had only been single for a few months so I left it there.
Now we kept in touch (although we work for the same company, we work in different ends of a rather big office) and there was always an odd flash here and there that she still had a soft spot for me and recently it seems she may be interested again. I say this because she walks passed my desk everyday and everyday she says a nice 'good morning' when she comes in and a nice 'see you later' when she goes home, both are said with a nice little smile on her face. You're probs thinking this doesn't mean anything, but honestly she's a fairly shy quiet girl (most of the time) so for her to say this, it's actually quite a big thing.
Also when it looks like i'm having a tough day at my desk she always sends an e-mail checking that i'm okay which nice and actually give me a little cheesy grin.
So last week I got rather drunk one night when i was actually off work unwell (i wasn't sick but i had to take a few days off for anther reason) and I texted her saying something like 'Heeeey!' and she came back and asked if I felt any better and being drunk I completely ignored her question......and I asked her if she loved me (I hear the sigh's but don't worry!), luckily for she found it quite funny and thought i was just in an odd mood. She wouldn't answer me because i didn't answer her question. Anyways this went back and fourth a few times and because i was close to passing out I told her I loved her instead and said good night! She came back that with 'you really are in a strange mood tonight aren't you!?' Christ knows how she didn't work out I was drunk but by this time I had passed out and was fast asleep. Next morning I had the 'oh jesus i didn't really say that did i....oh yes i did' thoughts come in to my head but I thought i'd just leave it there and not respond to her last message.
So a few hours later I was shocked to find that she actually messaged me and asked me how I was feeling. I counted my lucky stars that I hadn't completely blown it and we carried on texting for the next few days up until last weekend. It seemed like we were back to how we was in the summer and I was thinking that maybe something was about to happen.

But there's a couple of issues.

1. Like I said this was before the weekend but since then she's gone a little quiet. The weekend there was no contact and i thought i should maybe give her a little break waited until I saw her in work on monday before communicating with her. She didn't seem her normal self yesterday so I thought i'd be the one to ask if she was okay and sent her an e-mail. She came back with an unhappy face but she said that she was okay. I told her that I didn't believe her (in a joking kind of way) and she didn't respond. I thought maybe that she was message me in the evening by nothing came through. The next day (today) she seemed like she was back to normal and offered to make me a cup of tea to which I accepted! I asked her if she had cheered up and she said that she did feel better to which i said 'see i didn't think you were your normal self!'. She just turned around and said that she was tired as she walked away smiling.
She made me another tea in the afternoon but i dunno she just seemed a bit different these past few days and that maybe she is slightly less interested if i'm honest.

2. My second problem is that her ex works for my company and he is also going to the Christmas party. Now he's actually a nice guy, not exactly a friend of mine but nevertheless a decent bloke who I speak to maybe once or twice a day in passing. Now I think he may want her back but i'm 99% sure the feeling is not mutual. I know she cares about him as she was with him for 5 years but she mentioned to me last week that she was slightly worried about the Christmas party and she hinted to me that it was basically because he was going to be there.
Now I go out quite a lot with my work pals but for some reason me and this girl have never been out at the same time where we were both drinking (one time I was driving and had to leave early and another time where i was drinking and she was driving which was when we kissed) and for once we'll be in the same place where drink will be flowing. My work pals (one who is my best mate) reckons something will happen between us at the Xmas party. In fact she told me last week that she was very much looking forward to seeing me in my tux which gave me a little bit of confidence.


So the Xmas Party is Saturday and there's a big part of me that hopes that I just get 1 opportunity to in a way say to her how I feel. If I don't get this opportunity then I can see this rumbling on longer and longer because we are both very shy people. With a few drinks inside me, i transform into a very confident person and usually says exactly how feel!

So guys, i just need some advise!? As it's Christmas (well nearly!), should I just go for it and see what happens or should I pass because the ex will be there and it may be slightly awkward for her? I'm sure there is something there and she is such a lovely, beautiful person. :)

Decisions decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment