Pages

Search blog and web

Isn't three years long enough?

I am new to this site and have been reluctant to post, I'm embarrassed of my situation. But after reading through the advice that is given on other posts I feel it is worth giving it a try.

My wife is suffering from a mental illness, as a result our relationship is nearly non-existent. The past three years have been increasingly difficult, we do not share any emotional connection and have not had any sexual contact with each other for three years.

My patience is gone and I feel that if I do not share some form of intimacy with someone soon I will be doing significant harm to my ability to ever have that kind of a relationship again. My self esteem and confidence has been harmed and I don't know how to even go about this.

For reasons I'm not comfortable sharing, leaving is not an option at this time. I feel guilty and at times think my future actions may be selfish, but three years has been so long and I cant imagine going another year like this.

Any advice, especially from someone in a similar situation, would be greatly appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment