Pages

Search blog and web

Sexless Marriage

I have seen many posts from couples who haven't had sex for years and this is also my issue. My husband has been suffering from erectile dysfunction for about 8 years now. We have attempted sex about 4 times in those 8 years but it wasn't successful. He went to the doctor once who told him to exercise and lose weight but of course he wasn't going to have a doctor dictate his weight loss. He refuses to help himself and I don't want to be a nursemaid in the future to someone who falls ill because he won't take care of himself.

I feel so bad about this situation because I just turned 64 and he is only 55 years old. Before anyone assumes that I am an old looking woman, let me say I have always stayed trim and fit and looked younger than my age. I know he has never cheated so that's not the issue here. I am just simply very sad and contemplating my next step. I hate to say it but most days we don't even sleep in the same bed. There have been no kisses for a long time and I feel like I live with a stranger most days. He spends all his evenings reading news articles on the computer and posting on FB. We don't talk or even eat together. Absolutely no meaningful interaction at all ever! If it weren't for my son coming to pick me up and take me out, I would have no social life at all. He hates to interact with my children (not his, he has none) or my family. He started out by being a bit reserved and I could live with that, but now he is just plain anti-social. I thought I would be married for t he rest of my life but now I don't know. I'd hate to throw 18 years out the window; but I don't see any other option right now? Help! What should I do? :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment