Pages

Search blog and web

Why is it so easy to fall for someone online?

I am not proud of what I am about to say, but I am looking for help, so here we are. For the past 5 months, I have been talking to a man online. We have never met and never will because of distance between us, but we talk every single day. I don't want to talk about details about my marriage and how things no longer work, or how guilty I feel, because I do, however, I am not sure how to stop and that's why I am here.
I am wondering why is it so easy to fall for someone online. Why do I see this person as a perfect and ignore everything I would not like in a real world. I feel like I am escaping to a fantasy land each time we talk. The more I fight with my H, the more I want to hear from this other guy.
Lately, I have been thinking more and more why I am doing this. It is not helping anyone to want something we can't have. There are moments when my brain is talking louder than my heart and I am telling myself "hey, this is not what you want!" You never liked smokers, guys who had multiple sex. encounters, talk about daddy-daughter fetish as the best thing in the world or prefer girls that are half of their age."
These are things that would actually scare me off, but I keep talking because there is so much more to like about him. I feel like I am pushing red flags aside, because I want to see what I want to see. This perfect guy.
What is wrong with me? Why am I doing this? I know how unfair I am being to my husband. It is not his fault and he does not deserve it, yet, I keep talking to someone I should not. I am very confused and honestly feeling lost. Why am I holding on this person and can't let go?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment