Pages

Search blog and web

The beginning or the end

So here we are, about to start a new path. At this point I believe it can go either way. Yes, I'm talking growth or divorce. I'm not even sure which I prefer.

On Wednesday the 16th my wife and I are going for counseling. We have been having some serious issues for at least the last year, maybe 2. Sure there has been problems for much longer but the last 1-2 it has increased. The last 6 months or so have pushed us both to the edge.

I don't want to go too deep into details at this point but am hoping for this to be an outlet for me as we progress to our future. Hopefully my postings won't be exaggerated or incomprehensive.

I have been reading this forum for a few years so I guess issues must have been bad for some time longer as I think about it. My initial registration on this forum was due to this gentleman's posting. http://ift.tt/1O2MzKl

Just a little background to answer the first questions to readers minds:

-Married 31 years

-My first

-Wife's second

-One stepson (38)

-Some money issues but not poor

-Counseling mostly my suggestion although she did some 1 on 1 a while back

-I picked the counselor and she agreed

-Female counselor because I relate better to women and so does wife

-Counselor is a Dr. and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist

-Had some couples counseling around 20 years ago when stepson went to college that put wife into Peri-menopause

I started to keep an email journal to myself about a year ago but didn't really update it regularly and took an extended period off. At this point I wish I had maintained it and recently started up again although it is really the same issue over and over.

Seems I am just starting to ramble now so let's end for today. Thanks for reading.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment