Pages

Search blog and web

New friend, lying...issue or non-issue?

I made a new friend and we've been hanging out for two months now.

The problem is, whenever I text her "hello", she responds with excuses why I haven't heard from her- excuses that are untrue.
To magnify the issue, I've never even questioned her about it…she offers it to me automatically.

Doesn't matter if it's e-mail, text, or facebook messages (we don't correspond through these avenues too much, only occasionally).
I've never asked her "why don't you contact me?", but she feels obligated to reply like that.

Our last text exchange, after having not seeing one another in 3 weeks (or communicating, for that matter) is:

Me: Hi woman! I just wanted to say hi and how was your weekend?

Her: OMG girl, my laptop took a sh-t and my tablet is so slow, so haven't got on facebook or e-mail at all!! My weekend was fun.
Lets meet at noon on September 25th at the mall? We can walk around.

However, we were both on facebook at the same time because she was liking a bunch of pics she had been tagged in and they were popping up in my newsfeed.

It's not the first time she's responded like that and I feel like she would just get angry if I broach the subject with her. None of my other friends do this, and I recently made new 2 other new friends who don't react this way (and we don't communicate via electronic devices too much, either).

What would you do? Big deal or not a big deal?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment