Pages

Search blog and web

Need to change but worried.

  • Thread Starter

Hi all,
This is something that has been bugging me the past few days.
I started university in 2014 ,however at that time I was going through a lot with my family .There was a period where I didn't talk to my family for months.As you can imagine ,I was down for quite a while and I gave up on everything.I spent the year alone and kept myself to myself.Emotions everywhere took over my life and I didn't want to associate myself with anybody.The biggest thing that I let go of in that time was my appearance.Pre-university I would get up early ,do my hair nicely ,do my makeup ,make an effort to look nice and presentable.I felt good about myself.However in the first year of uni (2014-2015) I was down Ivstopped doing all that.Kept my hair in a bun ,would wash it and bun it back .It was just horrible looking back.I wore jumpers, old oversized t-shirts and ripped trainers *sigh*.(Girls you'll know them days).
However this summer I had along think ,a good look at my life and realised how much of myself I neglected.
Now that I'm going back to uni ,I want to bring out the old me again-the girl who takes pride in her appearance and loves being around people.I managed to replace a lot of old clothes and mature my wardrobe.Bought a lot of things like blouses ,skirts and dresses even a handbag to carry to uni.Not to forget more makeup.
However there's a part of me that is scared of being judged.Silly I know.
I feel like people got used to me being this makeup less nerd with a massive ripped bagpack ,seeing a different me will be a complete shock.I don't even know why it bothers me but it does:/
Thoughts+Advice welcome :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment