Pages

Search blog and web

Need encouragement / advice

Hi everyone I am new here. Not really sure where to start but I really need people to talk to because I feel so alone.

I started dating my husband when I was 19. We moved in together a year later and then another five years later we decided to get married despite the fact that I wanted children and he didn't. He wanted to be with me and knew that I would feel very empty if I did not ever have a child so he decided he would have one. So we got married.

We were great then, basically our relationship was really really good until we decided to have a child four years into our marriage.

Fast-forward four more years we decided to end our marriage in November 2013. He lived in the house until May 2014 and then decided to move to another province. We get along really well now even though he's not paying child support. He chose to give me everything and I'm choosing not to fight for child support and just let things be. The three of us Skype once a week and me and him talk as if we're well....not friends but we're not enemies.

My problem now is that I'm so alone!! He was always there to talk to. And now that he's gone I have no one to talk to. I pretty much don't have friends and my family lives in another city so I don't see them often. I'm just so lonely and I don't know what to do about it. How does one make friends? I'm not even wanting a relationship I just want friends. I sometimes ask myself "what's wrong with me, why does nobody want to hang out with me?"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I'm a fun person. Everyone at work gets along with me and they like talking to me or else they're very good at faking it, lol. Are my morals or expectations too high? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, I go to church. I don't mind if my friends like to have the occasional drink or if they smoke and they don't have to have the same beliefs as me and I don't push my beliefs on others. I just expect to be accepted for who I am in return. I just want a friend that wants to hang out, watch movies, talk, spend time together doing hobbies, playing games, but I don't know how to get one. I occasionally have people that want to hang out with me but it's usually me asking them. I feel I'm never asked and will go weeks alone until I finally ask. Why?!

Sorry if this is too long, it's the middle of the night and I'm just letting my thoughts go....
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment