Pages

Search blog and web

I messed up. Now what will be fair.

Ive been married for 19 years and have 3 children, oldest being 14. I recovered from a drug and gambling addiction 10 years ago. Unfortunately I started gambling again earlier this year. I now have a credit card debt i need to disclose

Tomorow I am going to come clean. My wife and I have had a rocky marriage, and we have been talking about divorce. I think the reason she hasnt pushed the issue was 1. Financial implications and 2. She didnt want to admit failure.

I know she is going to want to divorce now once I own up.

We struggle to maintain one family home. We work together in our own small business. We struggle month by month to maintain our middle class lifestyle.

My worry is the children. Ideally I would move out our home and find somewhere else to live. But we cant support two households.

Ive blown my credibility - and as the one causing the break up of the family - I am not sure how to proceed.

She will kick me out. Where do I go. I can couch surf for a bit - but in the short to medium term need to find a place to stay. We have equity in the house. But i don't want to disrupt the children lives too much.

I guess my question is this. Do i surrender my rights to fair treatment in the divorce because I'm the offending party in the marriage?

What do I say to my children. Do I admit addiction? Do we just say I was dishonest?

I'm pretty anxious, I have stopped gambling, but know Im heading into a ****storm of note.

Any advice appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment