Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling guilty for enjoying other guys' company

  • Thread Starter

Bit of an odd scenario because it's never really happened to me before but lately i've been feeling guilty for enjoying guys' company as if i'm cheating.

To give you a brief backstory, i've been dating a guy long distance for about a year and a half and we decided not to put a label on our relationship even though we both know we're committed to each other and we have had that chat.

However, the past month or so I haven't been all that happy in the relationship because I haven't felt like my partner has put in as much effort over the summer as I have, and whenever we do talk 70% of the time it's all doom and gloom. My 'partner' has been depressed since I met him and we have battled through it together but lately his problems have becomes a bit too much for me. I tried telling him that I was finding it difficult to manage his problems on top of my own and he got quite upset and made a point that anyone who chooses to be with him has to accept his depression. Because I love him, I tried to put this to one side but I feel like it's eating away at my own soul and that he's bringing me down.

Anyway, i've found recently that i've been much happier talking to other guys and basically flirting with them; something I wouldn't normally do when i'm in a relationship, and it's the first time I feel like i'm going behind my partner's back, even though we're not officially together. What worries me is that I almost feel like i'm cheating or that I shouldn't be having more fun when chatting to these guys than I do with the person I'm seeing. Ultimately my man is the only one I want to be with but he hasn't been given me the attention that he used to.

Has anyone ever had anything similar? Can anyone explain this? I'm really confused because I do love my partner, but I can't actually work out what's going on and whether i'm allowed to flirt innocently or not. It's also unusual for me to feel guilty about something like this because i'm normally 100% committed to every person I see, and he's been the one i've felt the most strongly for out of all my previous relationships. Help?!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment