Pages

Search blog and web

Volunteering to give up Christmas

Kinda curious if I could get some help from the mothers. If you had joint custody of kids with your x husband and you split Christmas, meaning you alternate either having Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, Would you voluntarily give both days for your x?

The situation is this. My ex-wife and I are from another state. We have talked about in the past going back to the state were both her parents and mine live to have Christmas. Obviously her with hers and me with mine although changeover of custody would be the same as if we were in our current state of Colorado. So this was the year we were to go back home and spend the holidays back in our home state but when I texted her about finalizing some details she said she wasn't going anymore. The reason for not going has nothing to do with me but the latest falling out she had with her mother. So I kind of figured that was the end of this plan when she texted me that would be fine with her if I took the kids back home for Christmas. Because of the distance she knew that she would be giving up both days and very oddly to me seems OK with it. If the situation was reversed no way that I would agree to this so I'm just kind of asking for mothers perspective if any othe r mothers out there would agree to something like this. Seems very odd to me

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment