Pages

Search blog and web

My wife is consumed by her AA group

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic my wife got into a program and has been clean and sober for the past 2 years but I am angry and feel betrayed by the results. I have been behind her and supportive unconditionally and given her time and space to work her program and interact with her support group, occasionally attending meetings with her and being there to celebrate her one year anniversary. The program has taken its toll on our relationship however. She has been attending more meetings recently and even though they start at 6 or 7, she doesn't get home till 10 or 11. She didn't even bother to tell me when her 2 year anniversary was and attended that milestone meeting without me. She recently became a sponsor (and is very effective and committed in that role) but the friction stems from the fact that even when she is home, she's texting her sponsor/sponsee and generally isolating herself from me and our daughter. When we had a recent fight and I exp ressed my feelings of neglect and isolation, she suggested we "make time" just for us which i thought was a good sign. The very next day however, she told me she was taking on another sponsee and my jaw hit the floor. Going from one meeting a week to 3 or 4 and wanting to take on a second sponsee when the one she already has takes up most of the time she could be spending with us when she's not working or at a meeting, makes me feel that her family is no longer a factor in her decisions.

Hollow Man

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment