Pages

Search blog and web

Played Volvo Mechanic Today...

100,000 mile routine maintenance but I decided to replace the timing belt, tensioner, idler, water pump, coolant flush, oil change. Got everything done but the oil change (finish that tomorrow).

These S80s are sweet performance sedans, but damn if they're not a PITA to work on. I could not get what I believe were the timing marks on the cams to line up, so after wrestling with it a few hours I said "**** it". painted my own marks, locked in the cams and went for it.

Fired it up (crossing fingers hoping not to bend valves...I did manually crank the motor a few times before going for it for safe measure)...and viola! got a sweet running Volvo S80.

I've read of horror stories about bending/breaking valves after replacing timing belts, so you can imagine that it was a nerve racking day...glad it's over.

*pours a glass of Pinot Noir* :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment