Pages

Search blog and web

I feel more awkward around friends than strangers...

  • Thread Starter

I always used to be very shy when I was younger but nowadays when I meet people for the first time I'm confident, chatty and interested in learning about them. I usually can get on with anyone pretty well and the interaction leaves me buzzing. I've really noticed this as recently I have gotten a job and joined a local group - both instances I was interacting only with strangers yet didn't feel awkward at all and really enjoyed meeting the new people.

But bizzarely, when it comes to social occassions that consist solely of friends - people I know well and like - I feel awkward, nervous and mostly bored. I just constantly feel left out and like I have nothing to contribute to conservation and leave feeling crushed.

The obvious answer is 'get some new friends' and I'm clearly working on it. But the friends in question are people I genuinely like and respect, they're nice people who I do have some things in common with and have known a long time. I don't just want to cut them out. I find it odd I should feel the way I do, I haven't always been this way. Can anyone reassure me they have felt the same at some point?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment