Pages

Search blog and web

Yet another post...looking for advice/strategy

I know I'll sound like a broken record on this site but I'm having similar problems in my marriage and am looking for quick advice on how to approach the situation this weekend. I'll try to be brief. Married for 10, known her for 15 years. Have 2 young children. Just started running the MAP (about a month). I'm making more of an effort to improve us and have been trying to initiate more with my wife and I either get an uncomfortable look, she ignores my advances hoping I won't persist, or she avoids the situation by falling asleep, etc. She also really hasn't done anything for me or anything to improve our relationship...seems like it's been all me. I see two schools of thought on strategy but not sure which is the right approach. She senses something is bothering me and asked me the last couple days but I've been avoiding by saying I'm fine (just being short) cause I really don't know what strategy would be more effective to implement. Saying I'm fine when I'm not is probably the worst thing however.

Scenario 1: Confront and communicate with my wife about it and explain that I feel like I'm the only one making an effort to improve things and I won't accept it. Upside to confronting is communication between the 2 of us and also appearing dominant (alpha), and that I won't sit back and let it happen. Downside is she may push away further, I don't want to appear needy and that I'm pressuring her into sex, etc.

Scenario 2: Just let it go, act like I don't care and continue to work on running the MAP (and maybe 180), and see where it goes. Upside to this is not pressuring her. Downside is I feel like I'm being a chump by not confronting the situation and being a man. It's very hard to act like nothing is wrong when I'm angry and frustrated inside. Downside is we're also not having sex...I'm trying to increase the frequency because based on MMSLP I'm guessing higher frequency promotes higher frequency.

Anybody know which approach is best right now or does it depend. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment