Pages

Search blog and web

How Often Does Settling Happen?

We've all have heard of it, seen it in movies, read it in books. But I wonder in real life how often do people settle when choosing a marriage partner.

I don't mean "he isn't 6'3, but 6' is close enough" or "she's only a B cup but what the hell" settling. I mean the sexual attraction or truly deep love isn't there, but more of a friendly love and comfortableness.

I think I settled with my first wife (and she with me) in that way. There were times I was pretty attracted to her and really felt romantic love for her, but I'd say overall it was more that we were comfortable.

At the time I was young and thought that was what made a good marriage. People always said, don't base your relationship off of sex because sex always fades. (might this be considered Blue Pill? ;))

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment