Pages

Search blog and web

sad about co-worker's husbands plans...

Hi...I have a friend at work who announced to me that her husband at her husband does "so much planning" for the two of them. he is constantly planning weekends away for the two of them! .they have a 9 month old and parents who are capable, able and willing to help.

I have a 4 year old son.

My parents are both deceased and my only family member is in DC (hundreds of miles away - not feasible to drive down there)...

In any case, I instantly became sad...thinking, why ISN'T my husband taking me ANYWHERE??? We don't go anywhere overnite....we have never left our son in 4 years.......the only vacations we took alone were before we were married.

I've brought the issue up before and he has said, "there's no one to watch our son."

He has 3 sisters, all of whom have offered, he has simply refused.

He won't let any of my or our friends watch our son.

What I'm asking is: How do I impress upon him that I want what my friend has? That I want a husband who will plan these things too? I don't need a full fledged vacation, but a nite away (or weekend) would be wonderful....and I want it with him!!!


I'm nervous he will shoot me down or just say "no".

He is extremely excited to have his niece/nephew over all summer long and swim in our beautiful pool,, but not at all excited about the prospect of taking me anywhere without our son.

Does anyone have advice about suggesting this to him without sounding like a whining nag?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment