Pages

Search blog and web

I'm " undesirable " because I'm " too faithful "

As stated in the title, I am apparently " undesirable " because I'm " too faithful " to an " extreme extent "

A guy asked me out, specifically asked for a one night stand get together since he found out I was back on the market. He specifically asked for sex, I'm not just assuming that.

Anyways, I turned him down and said no. When he asked why, I said that I'm kind of involved with someone else.
I rejected the guy for several reasons like,
1. I know, for a fact, that my love interest Aang would be very upset if I went on a date or had sex with someone else.
2. I can't really have a " one night stand ". I'm just not like that. Maybe I could if a guy is unbearably attractive but regardless, I'm less likely to sleep around.
3. I am NOT capable of being a cheater. I know I wouldn't necessarily be a cheater if I did go on a date or sleep with the guy because Aang and I haven't made anything official, but I would feel like one. I would feel like I betrayed him and I know he would be hurt, which leads to my next point,
4. I am not capable of hurting someone. I just cannot. If I think that actions of mine would hurt someone else, I avoid it like the plague. I just can't hurt people.
So I would NEVER cheat, or ever even be in a position where a future partner would even consider my faithfulness unless they are completely delusional, scary and paranoid.

So anyways, I end up getting into a conversation with the guy about the four reasons I stated above (have I mentioned that I'm very honest and direct?) and at the end of the conversation, he said this exactly " well, my desire for you is gone because you are way too faithful and nice for your own good, I need someone who can stand to have sex with others and not be too nice so while I very much respect you as a person, my sexual desire for you is gone "

Okay. So apparently I'm undesirable because I'm " too faithful and nice ".
I don't get that. Men, in monogamous relationships anyway would want/need their partner to be 100% faithful, right?
But I killed someone's desire for me because I'm " too faithful "?
What the hell.

I'm not upset or anything, but I do not understand that at all.

I even told Aang about all this and showed him the conversation and he even said " woah, you're really honest and upfront. Thank you for that complete transparency ".
He appreciates it, so yay for that. But really? Am I undesirable because I'm " too faithful " or is that guy just kind of an idiot?
I laughed to myself after because I thought " dude, you'll probably grow to appreciate that quality of mine when a girl cheats on you "
Not that I'm hoping he gets cheated on, I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy but I just found this weird.

Am I doomed? Am I really undesirable just because I'm " too faithful "? Because that's sad.
I wouldn't change it though.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment