Pages

Search blog and web

Struggling today with Separation

I've posted a couple times already regarding my story. I'm 31 my wife is 29, married almost 7 years, we separated almost 3 weeks ago. She brought it up but now I'm understanding that it is probably a good idea. With that said I'm really struggling today. We were texting a bit this morning regarding our car insurance (she got a new car last weekend, something that was already in the works prior to our separation. She's paying for the car not me). Anyway the texts then lead to "So how are you doing" type of conversation. Felt very generic. I told her I was doing pretty good because I have been compared to the first couple weeks. She said she was doing pretty good too and also said she was happy to hear that I was doing good and sent a couple smiley faces. I know this sounds dumb but I just dont know if she truly is happy that I"m doing good or if she's just saying that. Also is she happy that I;m doing good without her or just in general? As you can see I h ave a major issue with reading into things.

It's so hard not to ask her a million questions when we communicate like this, things like where is your head at, what have you been up too besides med school (probably not a whole lot). How has it been staying at your moms. I'm trying to give her space which is what she wanted and I'm starting to realize it is what we need right now but I also feel freaked out that I'm giving her too much space. Right now in my mind I'm telling myself that I'm going to give it another month and if nothing has changed I"ll want to have a real talk with her and lay everything out on the table regarding our future. But then I have friends, family and a new counselor who are telling to not look that far ahead and take it one day at a time. I guess I'm just wanting to vent today, maybe looking for advice from someone who is in the same situation.

I've heard had a lot of people on here telling me to be careful that it sounds like she is seeing someone else but honestly I havent seen any signs of that and every single person that knows her say the same thing. Yes I know we could all be wrong but I just dont think that is the case right now.

So how much space is too much space during a separation that was brought on basically by us drifting apart and slowly losing things in common? This separation is about both of us finding our selves and figuring out what we really want in the future with eachother or without.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment