Pages

Search blog and web

Agression Normal or not?

My husband and I have been married for 13yrs. Most of the time we get along. However, my husband likes to justify his actions when he "looses his cool" at me or the kids. We've had many arguments about him raising his voice, some cussing, and then even allowing himself to throw an object at a wall when he's frustrated. Most of the throwing things are happening at his work shop, not at home. But recently he threw a tape measure against the wall that was nearby me when I was passing by. No it wasn't aimed at me, but it scared me, and I've expressed my disbelief to him about it. And he is justifying the action by saying it was harmless, and that I am making more of it than it is. What do you think? Am I being too sensitive about this? He admits to having these flaws and says he's human and is working on it, but that he's not a bad person and it's not his best moments, that it is very stupid of him. But what is missing is every time he acts like this, I want to leave him! He also will deflect and remind me that in the early years of our marriage I would act out too, and he delt with me with love, patience, and caring. Stating that he stuck by me and supported me. That is all true. And the result was me going and seeing an anger management counselor which helped change me. I've reminded him of that. But he does not seem to think he could use counseling, that it's part of the flaws that he himself is working on. But, these incidents keep arising in our marriage and I'm feeling disrespected, and de-valued. What else can I do? Am I not showing the same support as he did?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment