Pages

Search blog and web

Long distance but never going to see each other.

  • Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm asking you guys as I don't know what advise to give my friend. We're both at uni and he used to see a girl for a year or so and they were really close. It was his first proper relationship and you could tell how much they loved each other. She was from abroad so at the end of last year she went back home and it was really difficult for both of them.

She invited him to go and visit her last summer so he saved up a load of money for flights and booked a trip out there. In the week before he was meant to leave, she told him she was back with her ex boyfriend. I'm not sure about all of the circumstances as he has told me she had troubles/issues but he didn't want to talk about it. Anyway, he did meet her when he was out there and they got a long like old times.

Since coming back, she still messages him a bit but he has chosen to not reply. today she asked him why he doesn't talk to him anymore and I can tell it's made him sad. He obviously still cares for her and I think she does for him. He knows that they probably can't be together because she lives so far away and they will probably never meet again but is not talking the best solution?

I should maybe also mention that he suffers from depression and I'm a bit worried that this will upset him a lot. He often doesn't like to talk about things and so I can see why he doesn't want to reply, but I think I would recommend he does talk to her, as long as he knew what his intentions were and there probably wouldn't be any hope of them being together.

In the past, if I've still thought I have feelings for an ex I would message her and then probably realise that the conversation was a bit awkward and there's nothing there anymore which he might realise. But what if they both realise they do still like each other, wouldn't it make it worse knowing they can't be together and she may even still be with this other guy!

Any advice please??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment