Pages

Search blog and web

Should i get surgery??

  • Thread Starter

So I have a condition called Pectus Excavatum; it's not particularly uncommon, but it bothers me nonetheless. Essentially what it consists of is a dip in my chest, where my ribs have buckled inwards - in my case I have about an inch sized dip n my chest which is easily noticeable with my top off.

Surgery is quite **** for it - basically they break your ribs/ sternum and insert metal braces underneath, reforming the shape of the bone. I don't know if I should get it or not.

I have really bad self esteem because of it - I feel unattractive, people have called me ugly and deformed and I feel it quite a lot. It's fair to note that the girls I have got with don't seem to care, but it's about what I think I guess.

I've had major self - confidence issues because of it. I use to hate normal things like swimming or going to the beach because people would laugh and be dicks about my condition and now I hate it.

Physically it hurts sometimes but not to an extent where I would want to get it fixed.

Any opinions about what I should do - all ideas welcome :-)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment