Pages

Search blog and web

Girlfriend kicked me in the face.

  • Thread Starter

First things first, this is not the first time that she has done this, but this was definitely the most aggressive and intentional she's ever done it.

We were joking around, having a bit of a laugh - me, my girlfriend and my brother. we started joking about how Brazil (where she's from) is better than the USA (where I'm from) and vice-versa. She said how Brazil had a higher GDP growth rate (not sure how this makes it better, but anyway), and I proved this otherwise (Brazil is barely growing) and I think this annoyed her, but I didn't know this at the time as we were all joking around. I then made a joke about Brazil's low growth rate and her dad's height (you can probably see where this is going..) and we all laughed.

Then I went to sit down and she tried to stop me (pushing me away etc. it was all a joke), so I moved her arm and sat down, but I accidentally hurt her wrist a little (she said 'Ow' but wasn't crying or reeling in pain etc.). I stood up and apologised and went to sit down again, and she kicked me in the face with boots on, and it hurt like crazy and made a small cut on my face. I didn't act like it hurt too bad, but I was angry and she defended herself saying I deserved it because I took the jokes 'too far'. I told her to leave my house but she refused. I didn't know what to do so we just sat there in silence until around 15 minutes later when she left for work.

Since then she's apologised but I don't feel like that's enough. She's never hit me with her hand, but has kicked me in the face twice before, both times were less aggressive, this time she seemed to really mean it.

I understand that maybe my joke was a little insensitive, but there was no need to react like that. I feel like she doesn't see how serious this is and thinks that a simple 'sorry' will do. I'm tired of her thinking this is okay, but how can I convey this to her? What is everyone's opinion, is this kind of reaction normal?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment