I was looking at the ultimate race attraction thread and in the first few pages there are many comments about how mixed race girls are stuck up and thus unattractive: http://ift.tt/1NBQnPS Whilst I appreciate everyone has their own preferences and tastes I do think that was perhaps trying to tar one group with the same brush, perhaps due to a few negative experiences?
I'm a mixed race girl (1/4 black, 3/4 white to be specific) from a small town and I can't say anyone ever really made me feel special about it nor was it a big deal. I never really even thought about it. But since moving to London quite a few people have called me stuck up for no reason other than the colour of my skin. I'm very shy and if I'm honest I'm so insecure that I developed eating disorders. I have never even had a boyfriend (I'm nearly 23 years old) and have only kissed 1 guy so nobody is worshipping me! I sometimes get told I have a pretty face and nice slim body but that's as far as it goes really no one has ever wanted to date me (to my knowledge!). My white and black girlfriends on the other hand have had lots of boyfriends and started dating in their early teens.
I don't of think myself better than any other race that would make me a hypocrite for example I love my white mother and my black grandfather they are my biggest role models and many other family members I love dearly too I would never think myself above them I came from them after all...
To be honest I grew up not giving race much thought. I'm surprised by the amount of threads here on TSR relationships that are to do with race. Is race really that big a factor in dating? And if so does that mean I'm doomed? So sorry my original question is why do some people automatically think mixed girls are stuck up?
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment