Pages

Search blog and web

Did anyone consider no relationship in life?

In reading the thread about what you expected from marriage, a few, including me, just kinda went with the flow because it seemed like the normal thing to do.

Even though a relationship in life is optional, do very many even consider the option, or does everyone automatically assume they will have a long term relationship simply because that's just how everyone else does and it seems normal.

I wonder if anyone ever asks early in life, "Gee, I wonder if I'm the marrying kind, or do I like freedom too much?" Is it just so against our culture to be unattached that it contributes to our decision? If I had it to do over, and if I knew myself then like I do now, I would have seriously asked myself that question before taking the plunge.


There is a song out that opens with this lyric in a sarcastic tone

"If you ain't got two kids by 21
You're probably gonna die alone
At least that's what tradition told you"

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment