Pages

Search blog and web

Wife having emotional breakdown! I need help!

Hello friends,

I'm coming to you in a desperate hour right now.

My wife is having severe emotional breakdowns/issues today (and probably the last few days as well).

I'm not sure if it's depression, but she's very distressed, sad, feeling hopeless and angry.

I noticed her laying on the couch and looking sad/depressed while watching TV. I asked her what was wrong and said she looked depressed, she said "That's because I am" and told me about her day at work. Just a little history first, my wife has a circle of friends that are mostly older, married guys. She usually goes out to lunch with a group of them and almost every evening, she'll come home telling me stories about the jokes and hilarious conversations she had with them.

Apparently today, before she was heading off to the gym, she told them she was headed out, unless they wanted to have lunch with her. One of the guys said "NO" and she took it pretty personally. Later on, when the same person asked her if she would be going to a dinner that the company would be holding for some of their clients, she responded "Not if you're there".

I'm not sure why the guy told her "No", since they're always hanging out, go on trips together and like to mess with each other in a fun, sarcastic way (she says he's like a brother to her). I tried to comfort and console her, I mentioned that perhaps he was joking being sarcastic.

She went on about how she feels our relationship and marriage seems to be making it more difficult for her to make friends in the outside world. She cried and said she doesn't haven't any friends and said she just can't understand people here, just like she can't understand me.

I feel right now that she's just emotionally overwhelmed. She talks about having to deal with stress/people at work and coming home to the same thing. I replied by saying that I'm trying to make things less stressful for her by keeping things clean, making dinner and doing all the dishes--anything I can do so she doesn't feel like she has to do all the chores. (In fact, the past few days, I'm sure I'm doing most if not all the household daily cleaning--though she did pack some large box's to send her family in the Philippines last nite)


I'm not sure what else I can do. I suggested she go to Therapy or personal counseling or talk to her one true female friend at work.

I also told her I really want to do whatever I can to make it work and make her happy like she was before. She responded saying "What if it's too late, what I don't want to anymore". She also said that she would hope to find someone who treats her right and doesn't hurt her. (like I have, apparently).

Anyways, she just left to take a drive somewhere to clear her head. I'm seriously concerned about her mental and emotional state. She seems borderline depressed, but she won't let me touch or comfort her.

I would really appreciate any help, especially from anyone who has felt the same way!

How can I help her!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment