Pages

Search blog and web

Leaving him has crossed my mind.

I have been with my husband for 6 years married for 3.

I feel like I barely see my husband & all intimacy has disappeared ...

My husband & I live in a boarding house which he runs. It's a school for boys & he's in charge of 80 odd kids plus staff & is also a full time teacher.

It's hard to imagine that I spend between 4-7 quality hours with him per week, but it's the truth.

He works himself to the ground, the role is big & demanding. He's up at 6am ~ in bed by 11pm on a good night. He also works weekends & coaches sporting teams.

When school holidays come around he's on school camps. However, Christmas holidays we do get to spend 2 weeks together.

Living & working at the same place makes things so much worse. There's no time for him to really switch off.

Aside from all of that, I feel like the lack of quality time together has made me feel disconnected. He's always saying yes to other people & putting his hand up to everything. He can't say no. I feel like he says no to me though.

We don't have sex anymore & even cuddling has gone out the window. For the last 3 years I have been raising the sex thing & he says he's tired, which I find believable, but I feel rejected, unloved, hurt & it's seriously not healthy.

I've told him it's taking a toll on me & he says he will cut back his hours, but I'm yet to see that. (He's been saying that for 3 years now).
I feel like a nagging wife. I hate having to push him just to have some affection and attention.

I try to keep myself busy with work, friends & exercise, however, I'm so sad in this marriage & I don't know what to do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment