Pages

Search blog and web

Depression and How to Deal

I have been on here many times before regarding the same issue but it just happens over and over.

My husband suffers from depression and because of this his work life suffers. He misses work and tells me he doesn't know why he doesn't go. I want to be supportive but I am also at my wit's end. For instance, this morning I asked him if he was going to work, he told me, "yes" so I called at lunch to check in on him and he was home, meaning he didn't go. In the past 7 days, this is the 3rd shift he missed. It's unfortunate because due to his absenteeism, he only being scheduled for 3 shifts a week to begin with. He was bummed about this but I told him to make sure he misses no time in the next little while and maybe they'll bump him back up to 5 shifts a week.

We can survive on my salary which I don't think helps matters. He knows I don't need him to work, however, I do want him working because it gives him purpose and gives us more spending money for savings and life. Besides, I want to know he is dependable, if something ever happened to me I can rely on him.

Now, my question is; are there others out there who have dealt with this sort of problem? I must add, we have seen doctors about his depression he is in an upbeat mood and they just tell him to talk his meds regularly, do talk therapy, etc. He does all these things but can't find the motivation to work.

I am losing a lot of faith in him as a partner and have even considered moving out temporarily as I can't stand by and deal with this anymore. The only thing is; since he doesn't work enough, he can't cover the expenses on his own. He refuses to move out so if I did, I would need cover the expenses for my place as well as the house.

P.S. I thought about driving him to work myself. It just means he would be there 1 hour before his shift. I also feel as a 31 year old man he should be able to get there by himself.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment