Pages

Search blog and web

Question for divorced parents....

I do not have any children. My husband has 4. 2 of them are over 18, so he has stopped paying child support. However, the other 2 ....are 16 and 12...

He still pays 1500 a month to their mother. But, since I have met him (2 years ago)....the kids don't stay at his (now our) house....and he is not very involved in their lives. He has bought them a lot of things ...but he doesn't attend many of their school functions etc.

Well, he just went out and bought himself a boat. He even used some of my savings to do it... and he took his son (16) to see it. His son texted the 12 year old sister...and she got very angry.

As it turns out -- my husband had told her Mom that he would not help pay for the girl's braces...or another extra curricular at school...because "that's what child support is for".

The kids are getting very jealous of my relationship with my husband too because it appears to them that he does everything with me -- and nothing with them.

I have encouraged him to invite them to dinner. They don't come. I have encouraged him to invite them to stay for the weekend. They don't come.

He says that the kids are too old now to demand that they come over on their designated weekends in the decree. He is SUPPOSED to have them every other weekend and they chose not to....many times because they are too busy with sports etc.

I am very much at a loss because I'm not a parent. BUT -- my parents always put themselves last ...and they always attended my games etc... albiet they weren't divorced.

What is normal here?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment