Pages

Search blog and web

Minor car accident advice needed

Today is Wednesday, and on Monday afternoon my car was hit in the school parking lot by, I think, a grandfather of another student. I mean I think he was the grandfather, not the father, based on his age. (He backed into me while I was parked). I gave him my name/address/phone number and have a copy (photo) of his insurance card, but did not get his phone number I realized. It was a bit chaotic with kids coming out of school and traffic. He said he was going to go right home and call his insurance company and then he'd call me.

I still have not heard from him. (Side note: My phone is not functioning right from water damage, but I am getting phone calls from other people).

The damage is very minor, just a small bit of body damage (mostly scraping) and the bumper might need to be replaced if I want it to look perfect because it has a gash in it. It's a 2015 Rav-4 and I'm leasing, so I kinda want to keep it looking its best. I've only had it since April.

I've never been in an accident where a police report was not made. (Ironically, my kids' school shares a parking lot WITH the police department!) I trusted this man because it's a very small Christian school....he will not be difficult to track down. My friend (my son's friends' dad) witnessed the whole thing and knows who the granddaughter is, and I volunteer at the school so it would not be hard, I don't think, to at least get a message to him.

But, what would you do? Get an estimate on my own and then try to contact him? Contact his insurance company? (Can I even do that?) Contact mine?

I'm just clueless about stuff like this and hate conflict!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment