Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend wants me to stay first night

  • Thread Starter

Hi there!

I'm a 2nd year student and my boyfriend is about to move into halls today to start his first year. He's 22, we've been together on the closer side of two years. It's not his first time living alone either, he's lived near his uni for the past 2 years with his sister but halls are cheaper and on campus. However, he is seeing moving in as just moving into a new flat where all your neighbours are students and you share a kitchen.

He is insistent that I stay up for the weekend as his freshers events begin on the Monday. However, I am unsure whether or not to stay because I don't want him to miss out on making friends (although I know he will when he actually goes to events). He says some people are moving in Sunday too.

I remember during my freshers, someone bought their girlfriend up for the first night and though I saw no issue (and even ended up spending my evening with them as they didn't have tickets to the event that night), everyone else thought it was weird. But, even during freshers I missed a few events to see him but still managed to be extremely close to a lot of my flat mates.

I'm on the fence as although I briefly met my flatmates that first night, most of them didn't actually go out until they were comfortable with their surroundings but through getting to know them over the year, I can now I can call them my best friends.

What do you guys thinks? I've explained both sides of the argument to him but he's insistent I stay the first night as he wants to see me and won't for a little while if he doesn't tomorrow. I am very unsure as to whether I should stay that night or not. I know it's about making the first impression that first night, but he says he is going to be too tired to go out (it's a long journey) and would rather save it for the actual freshers week on Monday and watch a movie in bed the first night in halls.

Guys, can someone just make up my mind for me because I've balanced the argument in my head and I don't know what to do!


Posted from TSR Mobile

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment