Pages

Search blog and web

How to encourage D6 to find interest in self-defence?

A recent post sparked a deep worry of mine that I have as a father. My daughter is living a very sheltered life but I know that I can not protect her forever. Yet she has zero interest in what I consider compulsory education - combat sports. I don't want to force her into it as it's just going to be waste of time and money if her heart is not there not to mention I'm not the type to force my child to do anything.

I've tried watching martial arts movies with her, but I guess that only works on boys, cause my daughter just watches, but whenever I propose for her to join an academy she rejects it. I wonder if it's my ex's influence, she wants my daughter to be a 'lady' perhaps? Meh

I don't want to wait for something to happen before she realises how important this is, especially for daddy so I can stop worrying so much, and not to mention I doubt she'll take my advice in late teens to always be around others and to be wise with her trust, as I would bet she would be thinking "meh, it'll never happen to me"

Besides, knowing my own limits, I have no restraint when it comes to revenge if something was to happen to her. I don't want to be put in such a position. How do I encourage her interest in it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment