Pages

Search blog and web

Marrying again with kids in the house

So I had an interesting Labor Day weekend. My GF and I went camping with some friends of mine and it was an eye opening experience. I have known them for about 4 years and actually married my friend to her husband. They had a fast, under a year, courtship and got married. He brought in 3 kids that he has 50% custody of and she has one kiddo full time. while I think she married too quickly the one thing I always admired was that they seemed to blend thier family together and quickly. They always seemed to be on the same page about raising the kids and their is no difference between his and hers. Well I his weekend I saw different. They fought a large part of the weekend about the kids. To say the least they are not on the same page. So I finally pulled my friend aside and asked what's up. She says they fight almost now stop about the kids, how to discipline the kids, being equal with the kids. Just goes to show you how unreal Fakebook actual ly is because you would think this couple could write a book on how to blend a family lol.

So this got me thinking about my own situation. My GF and I are great but we are no where close to the same page about raising our kids. In our house she basically takes care of her son and I take care of my daughters. I don't think we could successfully parent together if we tried to blend that.

I have started to think that when it comes to minor kids still in the house it may be best to not marry and not blend. Save that till after the kids are up and out of the house. Anyway that's kinda how I'm thinking.... wondered if anyone else thought like that or maybe had a success story of a successful marriage with kids from the first?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment