Pages

Search blog and web

I want a baby....

  • Thread Starter

So here's the situation:

I'm almost 22, I've just graduated with a 1st from a Russel Group university and have moved in with my long-term boyfriend.

Everyone (my friends and family) is obviously expecting me to get a graduate job and start climbing the career ladder, but I don't really want to - I want to start a family instead...

My boyfriend and I are committed to each other (we've been together for almost five years and he's just bought a 4-bed house with the intention of us raising our family here) and he told me (when I had a pregnancy scare a few months ago) that if I accidentally got pregnant then he wouldn't mind.

He's even said that if I decided I wanted to have lots of children (e.g. 5-10 kids - he's from a big family) then he would be happy to start a family straight away, but he knows that I'd rather just have 2 or 3.

Since I only want a relatively small number of children, he (and everyone else...) thinks that it would be most sensible for me to get at least a few years of work experience under my belt before we start a family. I know it makes logical sense, but I feel like those few years could be spent enjoying time with our children, rather than just waiting and working.

I know that some people in my position would just stop taking the pill in secret and then pretend it was an accident, but I couldn't live with myself if I lied to my boyfriend about something like that. Every time I get my withdrawal bleed, I feel so disappointed, but my conscience won't allow me to deliberately sabotage my contraception.

I don't want people to think I'm sponging off him - I'm not workshy, I just feel like motherhood is calling me. How can I talk to my boyfriend about this without sounding like I'm just trying to avoid getting a job?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment